CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Monday 7 October 2013

Austral Islands on 12m

Last night when TX5D showed up on 12m CW I had no chances to get them .... NA wall was too strong. Operator on the other side did not call EU and opening wasn`t long. Maybe it was longer but when they started 12m bands closed soon in my QTH. This evening decided wait for them .... when I went back from work they were active on 17m CW but I had no signal at all. About 17:30 UTC they went QRT -  breakfast ? Looks like. I knew it they will be back - but which band? AT 18:49 first spot on 20mSSB - no chances for me that time .... I knew it CW operator will be shortly on the air and he was !!! As usual robot - spotter W3LPL (Bull %^%$^^&%&%^ skimmer!)- decoded them on 12mCW and sent cluster spot. I had few moments only! And I took it! 2`nd station logged was EI9KC :) Workable opening was shorter than yesterday - 3 minutes , maybe less. Then strong QSB .... Thanks for FB DX!



No comments:

Post a Comment